Skip to main content
Battle River School Division
Every Student, Every Day, A Success
Header Image
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
​ ​ Open or download PDF version here.
Who can register for Summer School?
Summer School is offered to any student, currently attending a Battle River School Division Senior High school, with an active Alberta School Number (ASN).
When is registration?
Registration is from June 3 – June 28, 2019.
How do I register?


As a Battle River School Division student, you register at your current school. Please see your current school administration for further details. 

What is the registration deadline?
The deadline is Friday, June 28, 2019 at 3:30 pm. or until the course is full, whichever comes first. So register early!
What is the cost of summer school?


There is no fee to take a course through Battle River School Division's Summer School.
​6.​Q.​Where do I return course materials if not returned before the last diploma exam is given?
​​A.​Course materials will have to be returned to Battle River School Division office if they are returned after the last diploma exam is given. Division office is located at 5402 – 48A Avenue, Camrose, Alberta T4V 0L3
7.​Q.​When will I receive my mark?
​​A.School awarded marks will be given when ALL course materials are returned. Diploma exam marks from the August administration will be available on myPass from August 20, 2019.
When will Summer School take place?  

Summer School is Monday – Friday from 8:45 am to 3:30 pm, July 2 - 26, 2019

Where is Summer School located?
Summer School is located at the Camrose Community Centre. The address is 4516 - 54th Street, Camrose, Alberta. Phone 780-672-2205. During July ONLY!
​10.​Q.​When will Summer School in-person registration confirmation and material pick-up take place?

​On Tuesday, July 2, 2019, students must attend in person (with a parent if under 18) to confirm their registration and pick-up any needed materials according to the schedule below.

Students with last names beginning with A-L register from 9:30 am - 12:00 pm

and with last names beginning with M-Z register from 1:00 pm -3:30 pm.

What courses will be offered?

Students may take the following senior high core courses: English Language Arts, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Science or Social Studies.

Alternatively, students may choose from the following CTS and complementary courses.

AGR 3000 – Agriculture Safety (1cr) (OL)

FOR 3080 – Forest Research and Development (1cr) (OL)

HCS 3000 – Workplace Safety Systems (1cr) (OL)

HCS 3010 – Workplace Safety Practices (1cr) (OL)

LCD 3164 – Abnormal Psychology 35 (3cr)

LDC 2754 – Forensic Science 25 (3cr)

LDC 3569 - Forensic Science 35 (3cr)

LDC 3754 – Forensic Science 35 (5cr)

LGS 3050 – Small Business Law (1cr) (OL)

LGS 3080 – Criminal Law (1cr) (OL)

PED 0770 – CALM 20 (3cr)

REC 3140 – Sport and Society (1cr) (OL)

SSN 2171 – Personal Psychology 20 (3cr)

SSN 2172 – General Psychology 20 (3cr)

SSN 2176 – General Sociology 20 (3cr)

How many courses would I be allowed to take?
You will be allowed to take one core course.  Alternatively, individual CTS/complementary courses may be taken one course at a time with the approval of the Summer School Principal. 
Who will teach the courses?
Certificated teachers will be available from 8:45 am to 3:30 pm each day to serve as facilitators, tutors, and markers. Distance learning materials are used as the method of course delivery.
​14. ​Q. ​Am I required to finish the whole course?​​
​ ​A. ​It is the expectation that the entire course or any part needed for completion be finished during Summer School.​ Incomplete modules/course work will NOT be carried over into the new school year. 
​15. ​Q. ​Does Summer School offer Diploma Exams? 
​ ​A. ​Battle River School Division’s Summer School is a provincial writing centre for diploma exams. If you are registered in a diploma course during Summer School, you will be automatically put on the exam list.  If you need to write a diploma exam and you are not attending Summer School or if you are rewriting an exam, please register through your Alberta Education myPass account. NOTE: PHOTO IDENTIFICATION IS REQUIRED TO WRITE A DIPLOMA EXAM EVEN IF YOU HAVE PREREGISTERED OR ARE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN SUMMER SCHOOL.
​16. ​Q. ​Whom should I contact if I need more information?
​ ​A.

Please contact your current school administration if you have any questions.

​17. ​Q. ​Do I need photo identification to write the diploma exam?
​ ​A. ​YES, you need photo identification to write the diploma exam, even if you have preregistered or are currently enrolled in summer school.
​​​Open or download PDF version here.