Battle River School Division supports the parental right and responsibility to make decisions respecting the education of their children, including the right of parents to place their children in home education programs.
The Board has the responsibility to ensure that appropriate education is in place for all of its students.
1. The Home Education Program will be administered by the Superintendent or his/her designate in accordance with the School Act and Regulations governing Home Education.
2. The Board will attempt to financially support registered, resident Home Education students by:
- providing approved Alberta Distance Learning Centre materials as required;
- providing any other Board and/or Alberta Education approved program materials;
- providing, subject to Guidelines 3 and 4 and in accordance with Section 8 of the Home Education Regulation, reimbursement for approved materials up to a maximum of $500.00 per student.
3. The Board may approve materials or programs that are not approved by Alberta Education only after they have been reviewed by the Superintendent or his/her designate to ensure that they comply with the Goals of Education, Goals of Schooling and Developing Desirable Characteristics.
4. The Board will only reimburse parents once they provide copies of cash receipts for such approved materials.