Teacher - FTT Southbend Colony School
Teachers, Administrators, Superintendents
Location: Southbend Colony School
Competition #: 11876
Open To: All whom apply
Date Posted: June 17th, 2020
Closing Date: Open Ended
Job Start Date: August 27th, 2020
BATTLE RIVER SCHOOL DIVISION invites applications for the following position:
POSITION: TEACHER - Full Time Temporary – Southbend Colony School.
LOCATION: Southbend Colony School is located approximately 15 km southeast of Alliance, AB. It is a two-room school offering classes from Grade 1 to Grade 9.
INTENT: There is a need for full-time temporary 1.0 FTE teacher at Southbend Colony School. The position would run from September 2020 to January 2021. Southbend Colony serves 15 students from Beginner to Grade 9. All students are English Language Learners (ELL) with German being their first language.
This position will close as soon as suitable candidate is found.
Preferred applicants will have:
- Previous experience teaching in a Hutterite Colony
- Strong background in Literacy and Numeracy
- Experience teaching ELL students
- Experience in differentiation and scaffolding to support a multi-level classroom
- Energy, enthusiasm and passion for working with young learners
- Knowledge on assessment for learning and outcome-based reporting
- Sound classroom management skills
- An ability to program for students with diverse learning needs
- Ability to develop relationships with children, parents and staff.
- Willingness to be involved in all aspects of the overall school program.
- Superior organizational and communication skills.
For further information please contact or Patrick McFeely, Colony Schools Principal at email@example.com or at 780-781-2792
Please email your application/resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject line indicate the position you are applying for: Teacher - Southbend Colony
Please visit our BRSD website – “Application Process” to print, complete, and scan these documents to your portfolio:
- Records Disclosure
- Confidentiality Undertaking
- Cover letter
- Degree transcripts
- Reference letters
Successful candidates will be required to submit a
- Criminal Records Check including the Vulnerable Sector (City police or RCMP) and an
- Intervention Record Check (Child and Family Services) to Human Resources Department within 30 days of hire date.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.