Non-School Support, Managers, Professionals
Location: Division Office
Competition #: 12485
Open To: All whom apply
Date Posted: September 21st, 2020
Closing Date: Open Ended
BATTLE RIVER SCHOOL DIVISION is seeking applications for the following:
POSITION: Casual Mechanic
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing mechanical repairs and maintenance to the Division’s school bus fleet and support vehicles. This position is responsible to the Fleet Supervisor.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (QUALIFICATIONS):
Category 4 - Journeyman Tradesman (mechanics)
- Three years of experience in a similar field
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with other mechanics, bus drivers and other departmental staff
- Ability to maintain effective relations with other employees and the public
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to cope with high volumes of work
- Possesses valid Alberta Class Five operator’s license with a preference given of a Two “S” School Bus operator’s license
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Provides maintenance of all BRSD vehicles including buses, trucks and vans.
- Responsible to perform routine inspections
- Responsible for operating tow truck.
- Ability to fill in on short notice for a day or several days at a time
Please email your completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject line indicate the position you are applying for: Casual Mechanic
Please visit our BRSD website – “Application Process” to print, complete, and scan these documents to your portfolio:
- Records Disclosure
- Confidentiality Undertaking
- Cover letter
- Reference letters or names of references and contact information
Successful candidates will be required to submit a
- Criminal Records Check including the Vulnerable Sector (City police or RCMP) and an
- Intervention Record Check (Child and Family Services) to Human Resources Department within 30 days of hire date.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.