Speech Language Pathologist
Non-School Support, Managers, Professionals
Location: Division Office
Competition #: 12867
Open To: All whom apply
Date Posted: January 6th, 2021
Closing Date: Open Ended
Battle River School Division 31 invites applications for the following position:
Position: Speech-Language Pathologist 0.8 FTE
Temporary position, January-June 2021
This position entails providing speech-language services to children and youth from preschool through high school within a school and/or tele-practice environment. The SLP’s role is to assess, diagnose, and treat students in overcoming challenges in communication, oral motor delays and/or disorders primarily through a consultative approach. The SLP provides supervision and coaching of speech assistants as well as collaboration, consultation and/or education to school partners to ensure that functional school goals are created collaboratively with families and school teams.
This position reports to the Directors of Learning Inclusion.
- Hold a master’s degree, or equivalent, in speech-language pathology
- Registered in good standing with the Alberta College of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (ACSLPA) and qualified to practice in Alberta
Successful applicant must:
- Create, maintain and ensure the standard of practice for speech-language pathology are followed
- Manage and coordinate speech and language consultative services throughout the division
- Assess, diagnose, and treat communication and oral motor delays and/or disorders
- Have related experience in an educational or health care setting, including tele-practice
- Possess excellent communication, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to work both independently and as a team member of an interdisciplinary team under the supervision of the Directors of Learning Inclusion
- Have strong oral and written communication skills, and excellent English pronunciation
- Maintain a valid driver's license
- Additional qualifications such as experience working with AAC (Touch chat, PODD, PECS etc.), students with complex communication needs, and ASL considered an asset.
This position will commence as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
For further information please contact Mrs. Lee Ann Ashby-Girard, Director of Learning Inclusion at 780-672-6131, Extension 5026, or lashby-girard @brsd.ab.ca.
This post will close as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Please email your completed application to: email@example.com In the subject line indicate the position you are applying for: Speech Language Pathologist
Please visit our BRSD website – “Application Process” to print, complete, and scan these documents to your portfolio:
- Records Disclosure
- Confidentiality Undertaking
- Cover letter
- Degree transcripts
- Reference letters
Successful candidates will be required to submit both:
- Criminal Records Check including the Vulnerable Sector (City police or RCMP) and an
- Intervention Record Check (Child and Family Services) to Human Resources Department within 30 days of hire date.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.