Aspiring Leaders Program
Teachers, Administrators, Superintendents
Location: Division Office
Competition #: 12941
Open To: Internal
Date Posted: February 16th, 2021
Closing Date: March 8th, 2021 - 8:00am
Battle River School Division
Internal Applicants Only. *Important Instructions please read carefully*
Aspiring Leaders is a mentorship program with the goal of developing strong school leaders to meet the needs of our students and staff in a changing environment. This mentorship program is a 2 year commitment of approximately 4-6 days per calendar year where successful applicants are provided with internal and external coaching to gain critical knowledge and key competencies to be a successful leader within their school.
BRSD is welcoming a new cohort of Aspiring Leaders. The cohort will consist of approximately 6 individuals. Successful completion of this program may qualify candidates for future administrative positions within BRSD.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Obtain knowledge and competencies in the following, but not limited to, areas:
- Alberta Education Act
- BRSD policies and procedures
- Teaching Quality Standard
- Leadership Quality Standard
- Critical Conversation Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Crisis Intervention
- Human Resources
- Health and Safety
- Three years of successful teaching experience with BRSD or similar Alberta school division.
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate a belief in the success for every student academically, socially, and emotionally.
- Effective Interpersonal Relationships.
- Effective communication both oral and written.
- Able and willingness to commute.
- Able and willing to complete a Master’s Degree.
- Able and willing to participate in professional learning throughout the calendar year and in various locations.
1) Applicants must include a cover letter which includes evidence on how you have demonstrated:
- a) A commitment to lifelong learning.
- b) A belief in the success for every student academically, socially and emotionally.
- c) Leadership
2) An Administrator's recommendation.
3) Resume & Cover letter
Email your complete application to email@example.com Subject: Aspiring Leaders
Failure to provide the above requested information will result in your application being removed from the competition.
Candidates will be short-listed for the interview process. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information please contact Natasha Wilm Assistant Superintendent - Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org