EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT POOL - To fill various positions 2019-2020
Location: Battle River School Division
Competition #: 9868
Open To: All whom apply
Date Posted: October 1st, 2019
Closing Date: Open Ended
Battle River School Division invites applications for Educational Assistant positions in Early Learning, ECS, and Inclusive Education.
INTENT: We anticipate the need for Educational Assistants in various locations within the Division in the 2019-20 school year. A "pool" of qualified candidates will be established to fill these positions as they arise. We are currently seeking applications for Early Learning and other school support positions throughout the division.
Special consideration will be given to candidates who possess:
- An Educational Assistant certificate, Level 1 childcare, or related training in early child development
- Healthcare Aide certificate or Licensed Practical Nurse diploma (LPN)
- CPR/First Aid
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention/Zones of Regulation
- Experience supporting children with one or more of the following exceptionalities: Physical/medical disabilities, language and communication delays, cognitive delays, vision, hearing, self-regulation and social/emotional needs
- Have an understanding of developmental stages of children
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess confidence, patience and willingness to learn
- Proven ability to work as a team member with program staff while under the direction of a supervising teacher or learning coach
- Ability to adapt as the needs of students evolve throughout the school year. Assigned students, assigned hours and assigned responsibilities may change.
IMPORTANT these documents must be included in your portfolio for consideration.
All applicants must complete the following three documents which are found on the Careers Page:
- Educational Assistant Application
- Records Disclosure
- Confidentiality Undertaking
To find these forms please go to: https://www.brsd.ab.ca/careers/application-process
Please choose the appropriate category in the drop down menu when creating your profile for this position:
ECE, EA/TA/ERW, clerical, custodians, etc.
For more information please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate(s) will be required to submit a Criminal Records Check including the Vulnerable Sector as well as an Intervention Record Check to Human Resources Department within 30 days of hire date.
Only online applications will be accepted.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT PLEASE CALL APPLY TO EDUCATION at: 1-877-900-5627