Transportation Registration & Documents
All busing arrangements are subject to change at any time, depending on the status of public health restrictions.
Any questions regarding busing attendance areas and/or eligibility can be directed to the Transportation Department office staff at 780-672-6131, Extension 5279.
Transportation registration will begin in June. Click on the accordion headings below to read more information on the registration process, etc. Any applications received after August 13th, 2021 may not be processed until after September 1st. Thank you.
BRSD & EICS students in the City of Camrose are required to apply each new school year for bus service. A new online form will be posted June 1.
*NEW THIS YEAR* Applications received after August 13, 2021 may not be processed until after September 1, 2021.
Transportation will be provided for students residing within the City of Camrose on the following basis:
Eligible students (those who live further than 2.4 kms from their designated school):
Ineligible students (those who live closer than 2.4 kms from their designated school):
2021-2022: $400/school year (Grades 1 to 12); $200/school year (Kindergarten/ECS)
In extenuating circumstances, an application for waiver of fees for BRSD families can be discussed with your child's Principal. Link - Bus Pass Fee Waiver Application Form
Students residing in the Counties of Beaver, Camrose and Flagstaff for both BRSD and EICS (OLMP & St. Patrick's):
Rural students currently transported by BRSD:
- will be included in our plans for the next school year IF rural address AND your school remains the same
New rural busing students:
- you must apply using our online form; registration begins June 1 Link to form
Students may attend a school of their own choice outside their attendance area provided:
- The receiving school accepts the student’s registration;
- The school bus does not go off route to transport the student (the student must meet the bus at a safe location); and
- There is room available on the bus.
Transportation will notify families as soon as route capacities have been determined (mid to late August).
Keep it safe!
We ask the following to ensure ALL students have a safe and enjoyable ride:
Respect Your Driver
- Listen to your bus driver
- Consider the important role of your driver
- Stay in your assigned seat for the entire ride
Respect BRSD Property
- Care for the bus by keeping it clean & free of damage
- No food or drinks can be consumed on the bus
Respect Each Other
- Model safety rules
- Encourage others to follow safety rules
Other Transportation Documents
Transportation - Parent Handbook Under Review