The Division offers a French Immersion program within the City of Camrose. The program is located in 3 dual track schools:
- École Sifton School (Pre-K to Gr.5)
- École Charlie Killam (Gr.6 to Gr.8); offers two French Immersion programs:
- an Early French Immersion program (for students who started French Immersion in kindergarten or grade 1)
- a Late French Immersion program (for students who wish to start French Immersion in grade 6)
- École Camrose Composite High School (Gr.9 to Gr.12)
The program is continuing to expand as more students enrol and more course offerings are added. French immersion is a highly successful approach to second language learning - an effective way for students to become functionally fluent in French while achieving all of the objectives laid out by Alberta Learning. French is the language of instruction for a significant part of the school day; that is, several or all subjects, except English Language Arts, are taught in French. This program is designed for students whose first language is not French.