Information For Host Families
Why Should I Host an International Student?
- Learn about other cultures; share Canadian culture, local traditions and community experiences.
- Create lifelong friendships and global connections.
- A generous stipend of $800.00 per month will support expenses and activities.
- Make a positive impact on a student's life and help them achieve their goals.
What Do I Need to Provide as a Host Family?
- A private bedroom that includes a window, bed and dresser. Access to laundry, bathroom facilities and internet.
- Three well-balanced, nourishing meals and snacks daily.
- Ensure that you carry adequate home insurance coverage.
- Welcoming and caring parenting, treating the student as a member of your family.
- Transportation to and from extracurricular activities.
- Criminal record check and vulnerable sector check for each adult member living in the home.
Homestay Relationship Manager
In addition to raising her own three children, Gail has experience working with youth and families. Gail began to host international students several years ago and although she has not traveled much, enjoys seeing the world through the eyes of international students.
How to Become A Homestay Family
To host a Battle River School Division international student, please complete the following steps:
Apply online at the following link: Click Here to Apply
Provide an Intervention Record Check for each person 18 years of age or older from Alberta Child & Family Services.
Provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector from local police for each person 18 years of age or older.
Questions? - please email firstname.lastname@example.org