The Human Resources department is dedicated to providing support to 850 continuing Administrators/Principals/Teachers/Bus Drivers/Support and Division Office staff and 250 substitute staff in all human resource functions.
- Workforce planning for 21 traditional schools, 10 colony schools, 2 outreach schools, and Battle River Online School.
- Recruitment Services - coordinating of postings, qualification review, interviewing and awarding of positions and contracts for BRSD employment opportunities.
- Orientation for new staff.
- Employee Personnel Records - Teacher Certification & Support Staff Qualifications.
- Data Management/Schedules - PowerSchool.
- Teacher and Support Staff Substitute Management.
- Disability and Return to Work Programs.
- Staff Reductions.
Labour Relations (Supervision, Evaluation, Grievance, Leave and Attendance Management):
- Employee Handbook (10 month schedule) - School Based Support Staff (Educational Assistants, Learning Commons Facilitators, School Administrative Assistants)
- Employee Handbook (12 month schedule) - Division Office, Facilities, Technology, Transportation
- Collective Agreement - Battle River School Bus Drivers' Association
- Employee Handbook - Bus Driver
- Collective Agreement - Local No. 1075 Custodians
- Collective Agreement - Alberta Teachers' Association